magda's travels

After a year at home in San Diego I picked up and moved to Tanzania, so I thought I would dust off the old blog again so I could keep people up-dated on my life. But as always its content is not a reflection of the U.S. government, Peace Corps or anything else.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

BEST FLU SHOT EVER!!

Well, because Peace Corps likes healthy volunteers, I went in for my flu shot this weekend. Meaning, free trip to Baku- baby. So pretty much everyone, except Maria and joy came in for flu shots and fun!! A great time was had by all, we got travel in and out covered, and hotel rooms too. And due to the crazily busy travel for the holiday typically abandoned trains were sold out hours in advance--- so we had to spend another night in Baku. Not at all my plan, but I am not gone say that I wasn't happy to sleep in a bed instead of a train!

Baku is great, it is fun to come in with a big group of people dance and have good food. It reminds you that you can do those things here, even if only once a month. A lot of us newbies are still getting our barings and get easily lost here, taking hours to walk something that may take a normal person 20 minutes. Tom and Ashley, i believe got lost in every nook and cranny of Baku this weekend, always fun to spend the day wandering about lost on two hours of sleep! Although, I didn't fair much better, I in may eternal spiral down and down into true idiocacy achieved a new low! I may have mentioned before that I am truly the WORST text message sender ever, trust me when I tell you this is uncontested. I often forget to include key words like nouns that would give the reader a hint into what the heck I was trying to say. Well I planned an event that is near enough to Kasey's birthday that I was going to also have a surprise birthday party for her, great idea. Checking too make sure the only person I had mentioned this too new it was a surprise. I text Rachel, asking if kasey's birthday party during that event was still a surprise, I of course then failed to actually send the message to Rachel and send it to Kasey!!! I believe that actually beats the fact that Tom managed to play me like a well tuned fiddle convincing me that he and Ash already had the picture of me they are trying to get, and just sitting there and I went off in my amazement that they got the picture, how no one has it. Except these three people and who they are and where they live... ah yes it feels awesome in my land of gullibility. You should visit sometime!

PS I just spell check this Kasey not being a word it knew recommened I use gaseous instead!

1 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger marsy said...

I live six hours from Baku

 

Post a Comment

<< Home