magda's travels

After a year at home in San Diego I picked up and moved to Tanzania, so I thought I would dust off the old blog again so I could keep people up-dated on my life. But as always its content is not a reflection of the U.S. government, Peace Corps or anything else.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Work all day play all night



So from the moment I have arrived in Karatu I feel like I have been the energizer freaking bunny.

Just in order to make the best use of the time that Andy and I are overlapping we are working some long hours "in the office." Which includes site visits to clients, meetings with cooperative savings groups, and just going in and out of the small villages we work with so we can give out the loans or pick up payments. We work from 8-6:30 most days and come home have dinner, a shower if we are lucky and there is still hot water. Dinner is with all the volunteers and western staff. After that we hang out, either with all the volunteers or with just Andrew and Whitney. I usually get to my bed by 11 or 12am and then am up at 6:30 to start it all again.

It's been great; everyday I say I am going to go to bed early or not have Konyagi but every night somehow the energy is back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home