magda's travels

After a year at home in San Diego I picked up and moved to Tanzania, so I thought I would dust off the old blog again so I could keep people up-dated on my life. But as always its content is not a reflection of the U.S. government, Peace Corps or anything else.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

6 months in TZ

Well March 11th marked the 6 month point of my life in TZ.  A lot of things have happened in that time.  I turned 30, very happily here.  I have made friends.  I have begun to learn a 4th language.  I have become mostly comfortable with driving on the left side of the "road."  I have become comfortable with the idea of parasites that inevitably cycle in and out of my life.  I have definitely grown in my position as the boss.  I have become more and more attached to the amazing kids I live with.  I have started to realize this place as a home.  And seen the importance of growing roots to a place.

It's a strange feeling, feeling at home in the unfamiliar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home