magda's travels

After a year at home in San Diego I picked up and moved to Tanzania, so I thought I would dust off the old blog again so I could keep people up-dated on my life. But as always its content is not a reflection of the U.S. government, Peace Corps or anything else.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

a birthday without a hitch!



Finally a Birthday party went off without a hitch!


I’d like to start this entry with a shout out to Ben’s parents, who I was told have found my little blog. Hello, Ben’s parents! Mr. and Mrs. Wulf I presume. I would also say that in my opinion Ben’s great, a perfect gentlemen, even though he occaisionally ‘up-sidedowns’ me and orders in an affected british accent.

Ok on with the blog

So Kasey and Lucas came up and let me tell you fairyland definitely made itself just as pretty as could be. Kasey definitely fell in love with what I see in the place. Lucas having lived near to here for a year he already knows it’s great here! They came up to celebrate both Charlie’s new home and Kasey’s birthday. So the thing is we, me and my friends haven’t had the best track record with birthdays. Pretty much any time something goes awry we can trace it to a birthday. Kasey wanted to keep here birthday mellow and problem free. And we managed to keep it just that. Charlie, Josh, Lucas, Kase and me went on an adventure walk on Friday evening then made an awesome pasta dinner-well really Lucas made it. Usually, I am pretty good in the kitchen, Friday I was useless! Hey Magda can you open this bottle, umm not without breaking it. Well that’s fine how about washing these dishes, great I got one done and then broke the second glass and cutting myself so I was told to sit in the corner and not touch things especially until I could manage to stop bleeding. Excellent! Anyway the evening went well as did the next day, breakfast followed by intensive cleaning of Charlie’s new place. I mean it, momi you would have been proud, Kase and I took on this practically abandoned room that we are calling the breakfast nook. We scrubbed it for hours, bleaching everything. It was very reminiscent of childhood, “Hey girls, we got a dumpster, why not invite your friends over to play!” Except this time they all knew what they were getting into. There was to be another hike at lunch time but that turned into long walks and talks from one side of fairlyand to the next. We decided to have dinner in the fancy new hotel, which we call the clubhouse, because well you all know how I like to give things different names… Then we had cake at home for Kase, and Lucas who had made the cake also bought the most incredible candle ever. I don’t know how to describe it other than to say it was part firework part music box and it had to be defused at the end, pretty exciting stuff for those of us who live among the water buffalo! Kase and Lucas left in the morning leaving me with my sitemates. So we made apple cinnamon pancakes and discussed details for America Day and debated the ideas of reality and progressivism before we cuddled up and watched The Chronicles of Narnia. When the kids came out of the wardrobe I decided to go back to my ‘reality’ and went home. The weekend was great fun and exhausting. But I think that this coming one will blow my tiredness levels out of the water!

3 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger bonz said...

Is that Ted in another's arms? Bonz

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger bonz said...

Bonz

 
At 2:38 AM, Blogger marsy said...

someone else's ted, not my dear sweet ted, he's at your place!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home