magda's travels

After a year at home in San Diego I picked up and moved to Tanzania, so I thought I would dust off the old blog again so I could keep people up-dated on my life. But as always its content is not a reflection of the U.S. government, Peace Corps or anything else.

Friday, July 27, 2007

odds and ends




Last night was my 13th month anniversary of being in Azerbaijan. Lucky thirteen. Fourteen to go if you wanted to count. I spent it with another volunteer who I haven't spent much time with, Matt. I like that my site is interesting enough that eventually almost everyone will spot by and in doing so afford me the opportunity to get to know them better.

I thought in the spirit of the random travelers that come and go I would include some pics- 1 is my baby sister who, as you can see just got married. The other two are from one of my favorite areas of Sheki. It is the old town, where the palace of the Khan still stands. Matt was about to go walk up there yesterday so he could see Sheki and I could get work down on a new project I have, but then a storm intervened and after the power went off and the battery was drained from my laptop we surrendered to hang out, cook up some pasta, share some stories to make each other laugh. Happy 13th month AZ4!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home